- Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The Quality Engineer is a technical engineering position focused on the successful implementation of projects and process management of activities to define, design, develop and deliver new processes, quality improvements, and change initiatives. The Quality Engineer works on a wide range of supplier quality issues during development projects and monitors and addresses supplier quality issues after the products are in volume production. The Quality Engineer has extensive practical application experience in quality systems, product quality, and supplier quality management that will result on high quality products and great customer satisfaction.
- Execute tasks associated with assuring process readiness, process capability, and process effectiveness at domestic and offshore suppliers.
- Typical tasks might include:
- Generate and execute Quality Plans to assure that product and process requirements are met at each product lifecycle phase.
- Create and execute Part Qualification plans for new parts, new tooling or new suppliers.
- Support the maintenance of quality system requirements, including internal and supplier auditing, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), risk management, product and process issues.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Identify technical risks and challenges and recommend corrective/improvement actions.
- Determine process readiness, measure and improve process capability; and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Develop and implement process performance criteria to evaluate the readiness of new products to move from New Product Introduction lifecycles to volume production.
- Analyze process performance indicators, such as critical-to-quality variables, yield data, out-of-box audit data, process capability reports, and defect trends, against predefined targets and initiate remedial actions where necessary.
- Able to apply statistical techniques and other standard quality problem solving tools where appropriate.
- Lead in-process and product audits.
- Resolve supplier issues; generate CARs, NCMRs, Stop Orders, Rework Instructions, etc.
- Evaluate Supplier Performance via Quality Business Review (QBR)
- Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline (ME, EE, or Industrial Engineering with a specialty in Quality, preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in the Body of Knowledge for ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) is preferred. Certification as a CQE is desired. See ASQ.com.
- Experience supporting an ISO9000-2015 Quality System highly desired.
- Minimum 10-years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in a medium volume, a high-mix manufacturer of electronic or electromechanical products is required.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience managing supplier quality performance at offshore contract manufacturers is desired. (Contract manufacturers could include system assembly manufacturers and/or design and build manufacturers.)
- Experience with process control practices in the following types of operations is desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication, system assembly, and test.
- Professional audio industry experience is a plus.
- Perform tasks as assigned with minimum direction and oversight from the Quality leadership team
- Previous experience in speaker, electronic or electromechanical assembly experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in Office software for data collection, analysis, and reporting is required
- Previous experience with enterprise management software tools such as Oracle and PLM Agile is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) is desirable
QSC is not accepting vendor solicitation.
Back to top