The NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineer will be a key member of a cross-functional team responsible for the introduction of new products into production. He/she will work directly with R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Production Test, and others to find solutions to most pressing issues reducing time to market and cost of new product introductions while improving quality. A successful NPI engineer; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. He/she will demonstrate qualities of a team player whether on Core or Functional team: communicate constructively, demonstrate reliability, be flexible, and show commitment to success of team as a whole. Domestic and international travel is required.
- Collaborate with product development and operations teams to ensure effective transfer of products from concept to production.
- Work closely with Quality, Test, Manufacturing, Service and Compliance to develop, implement and manage detailed new product introduction schedules, plans and budgets.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence. Design for x (DFx): DFM, DFR, DFT, DFC etc.
- Lead prototype builds.
- Ensure completion and timely submission of deliverables from the CM/JDM/ODM partners.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively increase efficiency, reduce cost and increase manufacturing yields.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the product qualification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Debug complex system level problems, drive root cause analysis and create corrective action plans.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in NPI or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proven and successful track record with multiple new product introduction projects.
- Preferred technical experience in Audio Amplifiers.
Back to top