QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineer will be a key member of a cross-functional team responsible for the introduction of new products into production. He/she will work directly with R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Production Test, and others to find solutions to most pressing issues reducing time to market and cost of new product introductions while improving quality. A successful NPI engineer; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. He/she will demonstrate qualities of a team player whether on Core or Functional team: communicate constructively, demonstrate reliability, be flexible, and show commitment to success of team as a whole. Domestic and international travel is required. This role would be based in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Collaborate with product development and operations teams to ensure effective transfer of products from concept to production.
- Work closely with Quality, Test, Manufacturing, Service and Compliance to develop, implement and manage detailed new product introduction schedules, plans and budgets.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence. Design for x (DFx): DFM, DFR, DFT, DFC etc.
- Lead prototype builds.
- Ensure completion and timely submission of deliverables from the CM/JDM/ODM partners.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively increase efficiency, reduce cost and increase manufacturing yields.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the product qualification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Debug complex system level problems, drive root cause analysis and create corrective action plans.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in NPI or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proven and successful track record with multiple new product introduction projects.
- Preferred technical experience in Audio Amplifiers.
Back to top