QSC seeks an experienced and self-motivated FPGA Engineer to develop world-class audio and video products with an experienced team of software, firmware, and hardware engineers. If you have always wanted to be a big part of a small team, this job is for you! A successful candidate must be self-motivated, passionate, persistent, and creative. You will have to find solutions to difficult problems or figure out clever ways to work around them when necessary.
You will work in a fun, exciting, results-driven environment for a company that has been voted one of Orange County, CA's best workplaces 5 out of the last 6 years.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a FPGA development environment
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience coding, simulating, and debugging Verilog; System Verilog a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience writing embedded operating system drivers
- (e.g., Linux, VxWork, FreeRTOS, ThreadX, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience writing and debugging C/C++ in embedded environments
- Excellent architecture, design, engineering, implementation, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development team
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect FPGA/HDL solutions for high bandwidth/high channel count audio and video
- Write HDL libraries and testbenches to facilitate rapid design deployment and reuse
- Write Linux drivers in support of FPGA/HDL development
- Review and architect audio and video hardware
- Work with a variety of in-house and out-of-house design and support teams on audio and video hardware
- Work with Software Quality Assurance/Test Engineering to develop appropriate product test strategies
These statements reflect the general details considered to describe the principal functions of the job, and are not to be construed as detailed descriptions of the entire work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Meet Some of QSC, LLC's Employees
Tradeshow & Project Manager, Systems
Siobhan runs Marketing Team projects from initial concept to final delivery for QSC's Systems business unit. She sees that QSC’s people have a good time getting things done.
Back to top