Supports in the planning and implementing of the design of factories, offices, and production lines in order to maximize the use of available space and improve efficiency. Estimates costs related to layout design, including equipment, materials and labor; and monitors the construction process. Researches Facility infra structure equipment or fixtures for purchase and gathers data relating to their ability to meet organizational needs. Ensures meeting all established efficiency and safety targets. Familiar with a variety of the facility concepts, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of creativity is expected.
- Maintain and continually improve preventive maintenance (PM) systems and processes.
- Participate in all Plant Emergency Organization activities.
- Layout process equipment/plants
- Facilitate effective utilization and operation of facility support systems (example - air compressors, vacuum pumps, sprinklers, HVAC, material handling systems and material handling trucks).
- Promote and support continuous improvement. Maintain a working awareness of facilities management and technology trends and opportunities.
- Coordinate outside contract work for new construction, repair, technical, fork truck maintenance; meeting all cost, quality, delivery, and safety standards.
- Participate in the alignment of the facility organization with the company vision, purpose and priorities.
- Ensure completion of prescribed line PM’s in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with environmental policies, systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the standards, codes, and regulations pertaining to the construction, and maintenance of structures and facilities.
- Knowledge of modern material, methods, and techniques of design, construction, installation, and maintenance of structures and facilities.
- Knowledge of the elements of cost in construction and maintenance including the determination of unit cost records.
- Skill in the use of engineering instruments and tools.
- Ability to make engineering designs and to prepare complete plans for projects.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints, plans, drawings, and specifications. Ability to analyze costs of construction projects.
- Ability to learn and utilize the computer aided design system.
- Ability to use computers and available software to maintain records and prepare technical reports.
- Responsible for multiple functions of building operations and maintenance. Developing and maintaining positive supplier relationships, conduct supplier meetings on unresolved facility issues in an expeditious and professional manner. Research and implement new processes and technology to improve operational efficiency.
- Develop and recommend strategic facility objectives for management. Review various budget reports for facility suppliers.
- Knowledge of utility systems including: high pressure compressed air, HVAC, and nitrogen, systems.
- Oversee Facility capital projects.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organization and facilitate cross-functional efforts.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to manage and resolve both technical and people issues and take corrective actions independently.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and lead strategic actions while balancing the input and needs of a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Managing complex projects, ability to analyze problems quickly, and develop corrective actions.
- Measuring and improving processes to meet company goals
- Interfacing with business development managers on facilities needs
- Assist in cost estimating capital projects
- Assist in training of maintenance staff
- Provide support to environmental and safety compliance programs
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area, and/or training in an engineering or technical function
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Oracle is a plus
- Must have well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Need solid time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Must be available to travel
Back to top