Director, Strategic Programs - Operations/Product Development
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Director of Strategic Programs – Operations/Product Development, will be a core member and key contributor to the global operations and product development teams. The position will handle initiatives and strategic projects that span global operations including international business growth and product development strategy. This individual will have significant responsibility to manage complex projects including developing strategy, developing implementation plan and leading execution to drive operational effectiveness. Such activities will require solid analytical skills and exceptional interpersonal traits. Specifically, this role requires superior problem solving, communication, and change management and collaboration skills. The position engages closely with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and will be a thought partner with key executive staff. The Director of Strategic Programs will be a key member in the Strategic Excellence Office.
- Work closely with Operations and Product Development teams to identify mid-to-long term strategic needs of the organization and develop implementable strategies. Ensure alignment of operations and product development strategies with QSC’s business goals. Identify specific programs and initiatives required to successfully implement the strategy.
- Manage and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program. Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization. Produce program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement. Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to manage the risks.
- Lead expansion of global operations into key international markets. Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Structure and conduct analysis for operations and product development opportunities such as global manufacturing strategy, global logistics planning, and inventory planning etc., while working with the respective key stakeholders.
- Develop governance, reporting, communications, and policies for the initiatives to ensure alignment with overall transformation efforts.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations or Finance; MBA/MS degree
- 7+ years’ experience unless holds MBA degree and then 5+ years’ experience
- 2+ years of management consulting experience is preferred
- Superior problem solving skills: issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and developing recommendations
- Excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional collaboration and project management skills
- A “go-getter” - an intrinsic ability to get things done and deliver results
- Strong leadership and presence
- Ability to interact professionally with senior staff, internally and internationally
Back to top