Director, Product Development
- Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Director, Product Development is a key member and thought partner to the Chief Operating and Technology Officer. The role supports the COO/CTO in topics across the areas of Product Development, Operations, Finance, and IT. Overall responsibilities include providing strategic and tactical insights using various problem solving methodologies grounded in data and analysis. Role provides unique opportunity to engage in topics that span from product development, supply chain, manufacturing, finance, M&A, IT and often at cross-section of these functions. The work produced from this role will have a high impact with the highest level of visibility in the company. Exceptional people leadership (inter-personal skills) and problem solving skills will be critical for success.
Strategic Support and Program Oversight
Provide oversight and support to critical and high impact enterprise-wide initiatives and programs in Product Development, Operations and Finance
- Conduct assessments and provide recommendations for key business initiatives led by the office of the COO/CTO. Initiatives/projects may include but are not limited to: product roadmap planning, resource planning, due diligence related to acquisitions, global infrastructure expansion, organization design, establishing governance structure and annual planning and review cadence.
Consulting and Business Analysis
Conduct business analysis that provide important insights to help the company deliver outcomes, solve issues, demonstrate effectiveness, drive efficiency, and/or deliver value. Examples may include:
- Creating dashboards using KPIs; scorecards; lead and lag measures; and other metrics that communicate insights and support business decisions
- Support COO/CTO with presentations/business case for internal and external forums
- Develop and present monthly and quarterly updates for product development and operations (using dashboards with KPIs)
- BS Degree in business, engineering, economics, finance or equivalent
• Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years prior experience in a business consulting/senior business analyst capacity, preferably in a management consulting role
- Solid analytical skills and leadership experience
- Passion for technology, analytics, data, engaging teams
- Management consulting/professional business experience is strongly desired
- The role requires the ability to proactively seek out and address opportunities for improvement
- The ability to lead independently while collaborating with others and seeking/providing consultative guidance is a must
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts (building a business case, NPV/IRR, valuation, etc.)
- Best practices in data analysis
- Advanced expertise in PowerPoint and advanced excel is required
- Solid understanding of fundamental concepts within product development and operations is strongly desired
- The role will require a minimum 10% travel to QSC locations in US and outside of US.
Back to top