Director, Global Product Training
- Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Director of Global Training is responsible for leading the award-winning QSC Training department in Costa Mesa, CA, as well as architecting and overseeing the multi-national curriculum development and deployment of all technical, pre-sale and post-sales training-related activities. The role will serve as the steward for a unique brand of fun, intelligent learning experiences that support QSC’s audio, video and control solutions. The intended audience for these learning experience spans a wide variety of profiles including AV programmers, corporate end users, live sound engineers/ musicians, and venue/cinema management. It also includes a commitment to providing best-in-class training internal QSC stakeholders and partners for technical and sales training.
This role is a mixture of strategic planning and management, curriculum development, hands-on production work (in written and multimedia formats and disciplines) and in-person delivery. All candidates must be highly skilled at all of these disciplines. The Director of Global Training MUST work out of the US headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA. This role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, System.
This person will split his/her time evenly between strategic planning, curriculum development and hand-on production work.
- Work with department heads in all three business units to develop of holistic strategy for the development and execution of product and sales training needs
- Develop a clear learning map of different student profiles.
- Manage the overall production activities of 5-8 subordinate training production specialists and managers within the Training department.
- Plan, curate and manage the training content development from other QSC departments
Technical Curriculum Development:
- Conduct in-depth stakeholders interviews to develop new curriculum content (along with the other training managers in the department).
- Ensure scalability of new training curriculum through planning and hosting “train-the-trainer” programs across all trainers and application engineers.
- Oversee the maintenance of current content deployment vehicles (including video-based training, classroom training, printed textbook, others) while always exploring new deployment opportunities.
- Work in-depth in the Adobe Creative Suite to produce cutting edge video-based curriculum. MUST be able to step into the designer and video production role on a regular basis.
- Produce training modules in video, electronic and print or textbook format from start to finish, including concept development, knowledge gathering, creation and deployment.
- Lead the ongoing development for the QSC Training Website (a fully customized instance of Moodle)
- Must have B.A./B.S. (MBA preferred)
- Must have minimum of 10 years of end-user training experience, writing educational content for the AV and/or technology driven industry (manufacturer experience highly preferred)
- Proven track record of structuring training journeys and executing them, both in video-based online training and traditional classroom
- Must have intermediate-to-expert video production experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere and After Effects
- Requires rock-solid public presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly creative, with the ability to create insightful, methodic content (with moments of biting wit and comedy befitting of highly successful QSC Training brand.)
Back to top