QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The DevOps Engineer will work with an experienced team of software and firmware engineers to develop and support our Q-SYS platform. Q-SYS is a fast growing, award winning, software and hardware platform built on cutting-edge audio, video and control products. In this position you will design and engineer a build, test, and release toolchain that supports the software components of the Q-SYS ecosystem. These components range from embedded Linux software deployed on microprocessors, to Windows desktop applications, to a cloud based web application deployed in Google Cloud. You will work closely with other software developers and DevOps engineers to improve and streamline the developer workflow, scale our automated build and test infrastructure for a continuously growing team, and implement the principles of continuous integration and continuous deployment into our team processes and culture.
This position is based in Boulder, Colorado.
- Lead the development of our automated build and test infrastructure, with a strong focus on scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Improve and streamline the development and deployment workflow for our software dev and SQA teams.
- Work with others to maintain the continuous deployment pipeline for the Q-SYS Reflect cloud application in Google Cloud.
- Research and inform the organization about DevOps technology and process trends and innovations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a software development environment, in a DevOps, Build and Release Engineering, or Site Reliability Engineering role.
- Experience developing and scaling an automated build and test environment.
- Understanding of Linux software development workflow and tools. Have compiled Linux applications and kernel source.
- Automation-focused perspective. When you hear of a task or problem on the development team, your first instinct is to consider solving it with automation.
- Preferred experience with one or more of the following:
- Jenkins or other CI tools
- Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, libvirt
- Familiarity with cloud applications and microservice architectures
- Passionate, persistent, creative - you find solutions to difficult problems and clever ways to work around them when necessary
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
Back to top