Business Process Specialist
- Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The Business Process Specialist is the interface between the business systems users and IT to gather project requirements and prioritize key projects. This role requires solide knowledge in order management and order fulfillment processes, and offers recommendations in best practices to key stakeholders. The successful candidate will achieve the goal to improve business user experience and customer experience.
Define & Manage Project Scope
- Define project scope by meeting with stakeholders to gather project requirements, systems requirements, and desirable end-results and establish a clear problem statement.
- Clarify business rules, identify and troubleshoot user processes, and current system deficiencies in relation to those processes.
- Translate project requirement into clear PRD (Project Requirement Documents) and workflow diagrams.
- Collaborate with IT and web teams communicate desired functionality options and to manage projects with the customer organization. Manage timelines and deliverables both to the internal customer and the IT organization. Negotiate tradeoffs as needed.
Coordinate Testing, Training & Communication
- Organize testing activities with IT and global stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on project status, testing outcome and next steps.
- Provide process documentation and user training.
Process and Platform Improvements
- Audit order fulfillment processes and practices to identify opportunities for improvements
- Provide best-practices training on systems platforms (Oracle) to optimize functionalities to improve user experience
- Bachelors degree in information technology, or business management
- 2-3 years experience working with ERP system, Oracle is preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to identify process, systems or training issues
- Proven ability to assess business needs/rules and translate them into relevant proposals
- High degree of collaboration skills working cross-functionally
- Manages complexity – make sense of complex, high visibility, and sorting through information timely and independently to effectively solve problems
- Optimizes work processes – identify the most effective and efficient processes to get things done and improve our customer experience. Recognize and remove noise and/or waste
- Communicate effectively – develop a clear way to communicate verbally and in writing to crystalize message and/or instructions to the team. Modify as needed to address different audience. Understand the end-goal of the message and use concise and as few words as possible to achieve communication goals.
Back to top