Amplifier Product Manager
QSC seeks an Amplifier Product Manager who will be responsible for guiding product strategy, providing vision and developing concepts for new product development. The Amplifier Product Manager identifies requirements for functionality, defines the user needs and applications to engineering and makes the business case for the product. In addition, the Product Manager is responsible for communicating the capabilities and advantages (the selling proposition) of our solutions to internal staff and external users, system integrators, system designers and channel partners as well as creating the selling proposition for assigned products.
We will look for you to showcase your intuitive interpersonal skills, outstanding collaborative thinking abilities, research / personal networking skills, and proven leadership to conceptualize products, features and most importantly market them to our customers as the leader of product marketing for your product line(s).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.S.E.E., B.A., or 10 years experience in marketing, sales or product management – preferably within the pro-audio or adjacent fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in one or more areas (installed sound, live production, portable PA) of the professional audio industry.
- A demonstrated history of successfully managing new product development with AIPMM certification preferred.
- Experience in managing OEM/ODM relationships is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with Oracle and Power BI very desirable.
- Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others in a team environment.
- Vision and insight: Must have insight into market needs and be able to create a product vision based on these insights.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate in an effective and compelling manner in real-time and in writing.
- Planning: Must be able to think ahead, develop comprehensive launch plans and set short and long term goals
- Management: Must have the ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple priorities. Must be comfortable working in a matrix management environment with dedicated product development teams.
- Teamwork: Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and collaborate within a core team.
- Financial: Must be sufficiently proficient to create, maintain and understand the business case for assigned products.
- Technology: While an engineering degree is not required, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of pro-audio technologies and applications.
- Willingness to travel. Approximately 10 - 20% travel required, including possible overseas travel. Minimum eight field trips (customer visits, trade shows, vendor and special meetings and industry events) per year, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and achieves insight into user requirements and applications. Frequent discussion and interaction with users, integrators, system designers and channel partners within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Conceives new product / feature / function ideas and champions their development.
- Creates and maintains the market requirements, product requirements and business case documents required for proposed and underway development programs.
- Leads business case creation.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of competitive products' functionality and is able to articulate our advantages.
- Attends trade shows, regional and national events, sales events and meetings, dealer events, and other related activities as deemed necessary.
- Supports market communications and training material development with content and direction.
- Manages the Amplifier portfolio. Makes recommendations for price changes and end of life.
Founded nearly five decades ago, QSC, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacture of professional audio/video system solutions. The company manufactures in its 81,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility, located in Costa Mesa, California. Select partners in Asia provide additional manufacturing. Located on 51,000 square feet of office space on the same campus as the manufacturing facility are the QSC Corporate Offices, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support and Service. Additionally, QSC has offices in Boulder, Colorado and Hong Kong, with sales and support staff located throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. QSC maintains a local warehouse and distribution facility in Costa Mesa and Corona, with other facilities in Tennessee, Belgium and China.
Employing over 500 people, QSC is widely recognized as a great place to work, attracting the best and brightest individuals from all over the world. The company strives to provide a casual and fun work environment where people are genuinely excited to bring forth their best and let their talent shine. QSC offers its employees an exceptional benefits package, further enhancing its ability to attract and maintain talent, and is a 5-time recipient of the Orange County Register's "Best Place to Work" award. Please visit us as www.qsc.com!
Meet Some of QSC, LLC's Employees
Tradeshow & Project Manager, Systems
Siobhan runs Marketing Team projects from initial concept to final delivery for QSC's Systems business unit. She sees that QSC’s people have a good time getting things done.
Back to top