The Accountant/Senior Accountant will be an integral member of the QSC finance team, responsible for assisting in a wide range of activities to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Company’s accounting information and financial statements.
The position will report directly to the Corporate Controller. In addition, the position will have a close working relationship with the Accounts Payable and Credit teams to assure that procedures are optimized and operate within the framework of our organizational goals & objectives. The position will require a blend of technical expertise with sound judgment skills, as well as the ability to communicate with a variety of personnel and departments within the Company.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting with the accounting month-end close process, annual budgeting, and cost accounting. Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate an ability to identify areas of improvement within the accounting function and to be a change agent to help address opportunities to streamline processes and improve efficiencies within the accounting and finance functions.
- General ledger accounting, including preparation of journal entries and related reconciliations
- Perform month end close procedures for a variety of accounts
- Assist with the maintenance of the inventory and cost management system
- Processing credit memos and adjustments
- Assist with reviewing department P&Ls and preparation of the annual budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of Accounting experience, with strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting policies and regulations
- Experience in using Oracle E-Business Suite R12 or similar ERP system,
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- CPA certification is preferred (or actively working toward CPA certification)
Back to top