Senior Software Engineer
A company with a mission to make the world a safer place…
Headquartered in NYC, Qrypt is a tech startup quietly operating in stealth mode. Qrypt’s mission is to secure high-value information indefinitely with a revolutionary encryption protocol impervious to cyber-attacks today and threats posed by quantum computers in the future. Demonstrated by a deep commitment to global privacy and safety, Qrypt’s employees embrace the exciting challenge of forging new paths and mastering technologies grounded in the fundamentals of mathematics and physics. The company highly prizes the value of teamwork and encourages intellectual curiosity and continual growth for each of its employees.
Our Engineering Team:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our agile development team located in downtown Manhattan. We are building the next generation of cryptography focused on protecting our user’s data from all enemies, foreign and domestic. We build, design, and deploy bulletproof systems and are looking for engineers who are ready for that challenge.
Our engineers play a meaningful role in the creation of our product. They are involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle resulting in an environment where they can take control, maintain ownership over their work, embrace risks and curiosity. We nurture a learning environment and welcome a diverse range of perspectives.
At Qrypt, our engineers come from all walks of life and understand the value of diversity and inclusion; it’s rooted in our DNA! If you are interested in working on a challenging problem whose solution will have an impact at a global level, then we encourage you to read on and apply!
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement a cryptographic platform with new and advanced algorithms. You will be encouraged to work collaboratively with our team in order to design architectural and infrastructural improvements. You will build systems that deliver high-quality, high-availability services.
Due to the nature of our product, employees must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- 8+ years of experience in software development with increased responsibility.
- Proven ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- You understand the importance of mentoring junior developers. You can give and take feedback, take responsibility and drive the team forward.
- Strong engineering background with preferred fields in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Software Engineering.
- You want to work on a product that will impact the world and you're curious about post-quantum cryptography.
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams. You enjoy collaboration with others—we don’t get work done in an assembly line; success is achieved because everyone pitches in.
- You care about quality regardless of the toolbox you are using. We are looking for people who build solid maintainable systems.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives.
- We welcome Software Engineers with a strong software development background, who are deeply interested in continuous learning and have an innovative spirit that drives them forward.
- Experience with Python and/or C/C++, CentOS/Redhat; Flask; NGINX; Redis; RabbitMQ, Azure, Docker
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Desirable skills:
- Experience in agile environments.
- Experience deploying and running a live service.
Reasons to work with us:
At Qrypt, we offer fair and competitive pay.
Unlimited PTO: We realize you’ll be working hard. As a thank you, we have a flexible unlimited vacation policy.
Free lunch and snacks to keep us going.
Medical and dental plan participation because health matters.
Your future is important to us; we offer a 401K matching program.
But above all, be part of an amazing team. Together, we’ll make this world a safer place.
Back to top