- Flexible / Remote
Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare information solutions provider with offices in Chicago and San Diego, plus more than 900 clinical experts working remotely in 49 states. Our team of smart, ambitious, and fun-loving healthcare professionals are 100% focused on improving the quality of patient care at hospitals throughout the country.
We are searching for a Software Engineer to join our 35-person engineering team. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration and a (potentially unhealthy) obsession with puppies and kittens. You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application. Plus, we’re a dog-friendly office that loves playing shuffleboard or cornhole between meetings, and hosting social events including game nights and park days.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Actively participate in our Scrum process paired with collaborating with our product team to develop high-caliber software
- Perform standard software development functions (testing, code review, etc.)
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- 2+ years experience working with a web development framework (Rails, Django, Symfony, etc.)
- 2+ years of software testing – you know what to test, when and how during the development process
- Deep understanding of the principles of software architecture, particular object-oriented design
- Experience using version control, ticketing systems, etc.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience/degree
- Proficient in a CLI/POSIX environment
- “Applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must be legally authorized to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.”
You’re our ideal team member if you…:
- Are able to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Mentoring less experienced software engineers
Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team.
Back to top