As the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care, quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive, patient outcomes. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our NSQIP Senior Clinical Data Specialists use Q-Centrix's proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements -- all from the comfort of your home! Additionally, we offer completely flexible scheduling, competitive pay, opportunities for growth and a great benefits package!
The NSQIP Senior Clinical Data Specialist delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. Join our team of NSQIP Data Abstractors!
- Our NSQIP Senior Clinical Data Specialists are staffed with multiple hospital partners to:
- Apply specialized, clinical knowledge to hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgement to manage expectations, flag obstacles and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate new technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer and other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Have an active SCR certification
- Direct clinical data abstraction experience within either the NSQIP or NSQIP Pediatric registry
- Exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must be legally authorized to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Direct clinical experience
- RN, LPN, RT, or RCIS credentials
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations
- Demonstrates high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates technical savvy and strong desire to learn new systems and technology
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to effectively collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads and others
- Demonstrates strong self-organizational and time management skills to concurrently manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments
- Maintains a high degree of responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential
Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team.