As the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care, quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive, patient outcomes. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our Quality Information Specialists use Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
The Michigan Collaborative Quality Initiative Specialists delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. Join our team of Quality Information Specialists!
- We staff our Michigan Collaborative Quality Initiative Specialists with multiple hospital partners to:
- Apply specialized, clinical knowledge of hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgment to manage expectations, flag obstacles, and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate new technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer, and other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Direct abstraction experience for one or more of the Michigan Collaborative Quality Initiatives:
- Michigan Cardiovascular Consortium (BMC2 PCI)
- Michigan Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons Quality Collaborative
- Michigan Bariatric Surgery Consortium (MBSC)
- Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative (MSQC)
- Michigan Oncology Quality Consortium
- Hospital Medicine Safety Consortium (HMS)
- Michigan Trauma Quality Improvement Project (MTQIP)
- Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MUSIC)
- Michigan Radiation Oncology Quality Consortium
- Michigan Arthroplasty Registry Collaborative for Quality Improvement
- Michigan Spine Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MSSIC)
- Michigan Emergency Department Improvement Collaborative (MEDIC)
- All applicants require legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Direct clinical experience
- RN or LPN Credential or substantial clinical experience
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations
- Shows high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical savvy and a strong desire to learn new systems and technology
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads, and others
- A strong self-organizational and time management skills to manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments
- Maintains a high level of responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential
Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team.