Workforce of the Future- Director
A career in our Workforce Capability practice, within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You'll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps organisations analyse their workforce to better address immediate and emerging business challenges. You'll be a part of a team that focuses on providing talent solutions to workforce restructuring in response to mergers, divestitures and improving the organisations' ability to deploy resources in new and emerging markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
- Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
- Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
- Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
- Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Ability to consult directly with clients across industries as well as manage teams within a dynamic group focused on a variety of workforce related projects from strategy to execution.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Business Administration/Management, Human Resources Management, Organizational Management, Organizational Behavior Studies, Industrial Psychology, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Public Policy Analysis, Statistics, Business Communications
Certification(s) Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts as a tax technical team leader generating new business, proposal writing and delivery, collaborating across engagements and business units. Identifying opportunities to provide additional services with experience utilizing a CRM system in a professional services firm to network, develop relationships and sell additional/new services.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in a professional services environment utilizing automation & digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leveraging data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Transforming the business by creating capacity and delivering an enhanced employee and client experience; and,
- Demonstrating proven experience with evaluating and negotiating new and existing contracts, as well as leveraging pricing tools to contribute to pricing strategies.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in organization and people-related challenges typically facing companies, including organizational design, human resources effectiveness, leadership development, learning, performance management, employee experience, organizational culture, workforce planning and analytics, talent assessment and succession planning. Extensive ability to build and enhance client relationships and sell consulting projects.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in leading multiple project large scale engagements in a collaborative and fast-paced environment:
- Driving relationship with senior client counterparts, establishing buy-in in term of scope, objectives and deliverables and negotiating appropriate engagement terms, e.g.. payment terms, expenses and schedule;
- Managing the financial aspects of engagements, e.g. invoicing, budget and collection effectively;
- Developing overall engagement frameworks, plans and program structure; working with client to define resource needs and managing engagement expectations;
- Developing and sustaining deep client relationships at executive level using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Leveraging and utilizing the firm's resources and credentials to generate new business opportunities and lead selling efforts effectively; and,
- Communicating with presence and influence in both formal and informal settings, preparing and presenting persuasive written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts to lead, inspire, and motivate teams by creating an atmosphere of trust and inclusion, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, soliciting upward feedback from team members and encouraging improvement and innovation.
Tremendous forces are radically reshaping the workplace. There are new organizational, talent, HR and technology challenges to be faced as business leaders wrestle with disruptive innovation, global trade, skills mismatches and the constant tests of risk and regulation. Find out more about what we do on our website: www.pwc.com/us/peopleandorganization
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page: pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top