TAX Trust Outsourcing Associate - W/S 2021
A career in our Wealth Management Tax Services (WMTS) practice, a national practice in our overall PwC tax practice, will provide you an opportunity to work with the largest and most complex financial services organizations in advising them on tax matters in a variety of tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their federal, state and international tax responsibilities, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, dispute resolution and direct client interaction. You'll focus on tax law changes related to tax filing responsibilities, US and international tax reporting, communications with Federal and state taxing authorities and significant interaction with our clients on their tax matters.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
The selected individual will work as a team member with Tax WMTS practitioners and other professionals, from partners and directors to clients and third party appraisers, on a daily basis.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers are typically in the final academic year of completing their educational requirements.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
The selected individual will be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals and principles related to fiduciary income tax returns and the compliance-related aspects of a Service Level Agreement client service relationship;
- Basic understanding of, and/or direct experience preparing and maintaining year-round maintenance for, federal and state tax returns and forms for various type of client accounts (ex. 1041, 5227, 1099, 990/PF, 3520, 5498, 1099R)and estimated taxes for trust accounts;
- Basic understanding of, and/or direct experience delivering, federal and state tax business compliance services, as well as large scale outsourcing solutions;
- Preparing Fiduciary and Individual Income tax and franchise returns;
- Preparing, reviewing, printing, and assembling detailed 1099s;
- Responding to client requests for copies of 1099s, K-1s and trust returns / resolve Federal and State government tax inquiries, as well as a high volume of transmittals and tax returns;
- Manually updating gains and losses reports;
- Proven ability to utilize effectively written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional business environment;
- Proven ability to demonstrate problem solving skills, with an emphasis on troubleshooting and devising creative solutions;
- Proven ability to identify, research, and document tax issues and offer solutions;
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments within a professional tax services business environment;
- An ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development; and,
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges.
As a tax technical professional, experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
Back to top