TAX Merger & Acquisition Intern JD/LLM - Summer 2020
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients' needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Laws
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Certification(s) Preferred :
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Participating in selecting phases of the tax consulting and compliance engagements which may include aspects of planning, execution and completion;
- Participating in select projects and demonstrating creative thinking;
- Collaborating and working effectively as a team member;
- Understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members; and,
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback, being flexible in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrating self-motivation and desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
Meet Some of PwC's Employees
"My job allows me to build relationships with other PwC employees as well as my clients. I am able to teach and learn from others around me, which makes me a stronger professional and allows me to grow personally as I interact with people of different backgrounds."
Back to top