Tax Knowledge Management People & Organization Director - New York
A career in PwC's Tax Knowledge Management practice, within National Tax Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help tax practitioners across the country gain valuable insight into emerging tax issues and trends, and implement tax strategies that help clients effectively respond to federal, state, and international legislative, regulatory, and judicial developments. You'll be part of a diverse group of tax professionals with technical expertise in federal tax, state and local tax, international tax, global trade, transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, human resource solutions, tax policy services, and other specialty areas. Our team is responsible for capturing, developing, and communicating essential information to the entire Tax practice (and, in certain instances, the entire US firm). We curate high-quality, leverageable content for use in connecting with clients; maintain toolkits and content management systems so that information is easy to find and use; design formal and informal Learning and Development programs to develop staff; and create and distribute thought leadership publications to enhance the external brand. In short, our team of professionals manage the majority of the tax knowledge and technology tools and platforms that support the entire Tax practice.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
- Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
- Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
- Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
- Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in HR consulting, journalism/marketing around people, and workforce-related trends including telling stories linking business trends to workforce strategy.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Explaining broad business trends in the context of consulting services offered to clients and the impact on business;
- Creating and delivering practice-wide presentations through Learning and Development programs;
- Storytelling to effectively inspire emotional commitment / ongoing relationships vs rational compliance / business transactions;
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Alteryx, and Tableau;
- Demonstrating comprehensive technical skills using online tools, like CCH, Tax Analysts, Thomson-Reuters Checkpoint, BNA, and Westlaw;
- Existing understanding of and ability to effectively research non-tax business and industry trends to develop a point of view that can be to leveraged in assisting with proposals and presentations;
- Having business writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand, concise language.;
- Communicating with senior level leaders effectively and ability to negotiate, mediate, and drive consensus around potentially opposing or controversial viewpoints;
- Leveraging negotiation and persuasion skills to gain consensus around strategies and action plans;
- Defining resource requirements, project workflow, and time lines;
- Demonstrating an agile, execution-minded work style;
- Resolving quality and risk management issues;
- Creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, and coaching staff on current assignments and with respect to future career aspirations;
- Demonstrating success in facilitating subsequent change in order to foster future growth;
- Collaborating across engagements and business units; and,
- Identifying opportunities to provide additional services with experience utilizing a CRM system in a professional services firm to network.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing automation / digitization efforts in a professional services environment utilizing automation & digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, experimenting with digitization solutions, creating industry leading digital marketing strategies and content, and thinking through how the digital landscape impacts our clients and services; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leveraging data visualization tools to provide insights to clients.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career pwc.to/whatwedotax
Tremendous forces are radically reshaping the workplace. There are new organizational, talent, HR and technology challenges to be faced as business leaders wrestle with disruptive innovation, global trade, skills mismatches and the constant tests of risk and regulation. Find out more about what we do on our website: www.pwc.com/us/peopleandorganization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top