TAX Global Mobility Technology Intern - Summer 2020
A career in our Global Mobility Technology practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You'll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps multinational clients manage their mobile workforce by developing effective expatriate management solutions. You'll be assisting our team manage business processes through expatriate software implementation, systems redesign and integration with enterprise Human Resources/Payroll solutions such as PeopleSoft, Workday, SAP and Human Resources Access.To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients. - Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information. - Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving. - Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards. - Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area. - Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form. - Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Monitoring and diagnosing of technical issues with production systems in PwC's Global Mobility Services Technology practice;
- Participating in all phases of basic systems implementation projects with some direct supervision, injecting technical expertise;
- Working effectively in a team environment, understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Building solid relationships with clients, developing an awareness of Firm services, approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, and demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding of advanced programming concepts and object oriented design patterns, emphasizing data structures and algorithms and leveraging the following technologies and concepts: - MS SQL Server 2008 or 2012 - .NET Framework - ASP .NET and/or ASP .NET MVC - Visual Basic .NET - Database Design, C#.Net, MS SQL - HTML - Visual Studio .NET - MS Teamsystem - Software Development Lifecycle, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, etc.); and,
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications, emphasizing a client-service orientation to leverage creative problem-solving skills, executing various deliverables simultaneously as both a team member and individual contributor, and researching and delivering results of pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
As a tax technical professional, experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions.
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
Back to top