A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
An Associate's role in providing tax services may include:
- Participate on engagements;
- Research tax laws, rules & regulations, analyze their application and defend decisions and/or outline solutions to those issues;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; demonstrate creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Certification(s) Preferred :
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Researching and analyzing tax laws, rules and regulations, pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications; and,
- Demonstrating self-motivation and desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success of the technical aspects of tax compliance services, including planning, strategy and execution including general knowledge of federal and state tax laws.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax