Strategy& Consumer Markets - Technology Strategy Manager
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- San Jose, CA
A career within Technology Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations develop strategies that transform their technology capabilities and solve their most critical challenges. We focus on building technology enabled and agile operating models, planning their new enterprise architecture into a differentiating capability system that helps them win in the market, leveraging digital analytics to enhance the customer experience and optimising business operations, and using modern management techniques such as robotic process automation and next generation sourcing strategies to help our clients get fit for growth.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
As an Operating Model strategist, work with client executives to drive strategies across:
- Operating Model and Organization Structure
- Strategic Sourcing
- Process Automation
- Performance Measurement
- Data & Analytics
- Demonstrates proven extensive abilities involving leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, and individual initiative
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams effectively, develop/manage a work plan, and complete deliverables with high quality
- Ability to effectively mentor, advise, and coach junior teams
- Teaming with others, including building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and clients, and seeking and providing guidance, clarification and feedback
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment to propose innovative ideas, build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Able to think strategically/end-to-end and focused on driving outcomes
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats, including strong moderation skills with an ability to build empathy and to understand and manage personal agendas
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Develops Operating Model and Sourcing Strategies by assessing a client's business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems and making recommendations;
- Assist in driving operating model redesign, development of scalable growth strategies and digital transformation strategies;
- Develop operating model and sourcing strategies and blueprints including functions such as IT, finance, HR, supply chain/logistics, procurement, sales & marketing and other services;
- Develop and manage work plans on a day-today basis - developing hypotheses to be tested;
- Manage day-to-day interactions with client working teams associated to data collection, data validation, driving the hypothesis, shaping the analysis and out-of-box thinking;
- Design operating model related surveys - run and administer surveys, develop qualitative and quantitative analysis from survey results and develop meaningful / actionable inferences;
- Work at the intersection of finance, business, industry, and technology;
- Shape and articulate the shared services and/or advanced business services strategy, value proposition and business case to the C-suite level;
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics and broader marketplace;
- Drive the new operating model design based on corporate strategic priorities; determine the right approach of developing the model;
- Develop and maintains contact with C-level clients, organizes and leads proposal pursuit teams, participating and leading all aspects of the proposal development process;
- Ability to manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, manage account receivables, define deliverable content;
- Ability to implement and execute structured decision-making
- Ability to support internal firm related initiatives such as proposal development and Intellectual Capital creation etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top