State and Local Tax Senior Associate
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Washington, DC
- Tampa, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Miami, FL
- Hartford, CT
A career within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You'll help with assessing our client's state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules. Our team helps our clients transform risk and compliance related to state and local taxes into a business advantage by aligning their state tax plan with the business strategy. You'll help with issues related to abandoned and unclaimed property, income and franchise tax, payroll and employment tax, credits and incentives, and indirect tax.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Additional Educational Requirements :
Other business related fields may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Considerable knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, income tax accounting, controversies, restructuring, due diligence and audit defense.
Considerable technical skills, including FAS 109, MS Excel modeling, unitary filing, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, tax research, compliance and consulting as it relates to multi-state jurisdictions.
Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top