Software Engineer (PwC Labs)
PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The Data Lab will provide you with the opportunity to redesign, redefine, and redeploy how PwC uses data and analytics to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. The focus is on assisting teams as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, analytics, open source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organizational decision making.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We are seeking talented and passionate Big Data Developers with deep understanding of Java 8, Hadoop Stack and Apache Open Source technologies. You will be part of a team comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Additional Educational Requirements :
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Business Administration/Management, Management Information Systems, Software App
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates through knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Demonstrated Java 8 or Scala design and development experience;
- Demonstrated extensive experience using Application frameworks such as Play or Spring Boot, Spring Cloud;
- Demonstrated experience building Microservices REST API;
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of Hadoop and Spark;
- Demonstrated experience with Apache NiFi, Atlas, Hortonworks DPS is highly preferred; and,
- Database design, creation, manipulation and query of Relational, Hadoop and NoSQL datastores.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Working with Agile Methodologies and develop code using object oriented design, implementation and maturation to take advantage of the language feature sets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top