Senior Software Developer-Angular & Node
- Tampa, FL
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwC's business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
4 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts, and business models;
- Staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in written formats with project team members;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines;
- Understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance, and data privacy;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative, and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Collaborating with other developers by participating in code reviews;
- Providing coaching and technical mentoring to more junior developers;
- Contributing within a small team of developers to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, whilst establishing quality, timeliness, and team-wide adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines;
- Developing applications in a self-directed and self disciplined manner; and,
- Thinking analytically with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- Design and architecture of SPA applications and frameworks;
- Mobile application development and deployment;
- Multiple front-end frameworks and libraries (Angular, React, Vue etc);
- Relational and document databases;
- Microservice architecture and distributed processing patterns;
- Project requirements analysis and ability to translate that into software architecture needs;
- Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development; and,
- Unit testing in several languages and frameworks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top