Senior Manager, Learning & Development Consultant
- Seattle, WA
A career within Assurance Support services, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you'll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You'll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and established audit clients and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Join a team of learning, performance and instructional design consultants in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple industry external client projects where we are performing training needs analysis, skill gap assessments, working with Subject Matter Specialists and designing and developing learning strategies and solutions.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
7 year(s) of progressive experience in instructional design; 2 years managing and leading teams.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Instructional Design, Instructional Systems, Adult Education, Industrial Psychology
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and success in roles involving, translating priorities and strategies into learning solutions within a Learning and Development organization for a global network of professional services firms, which includes the following areas:
- Leading and managing project teams to meet client's strategic priorities and needs, including leveraging instructional design, adult learning theory, major educational technologies, and problem-based learning approaches to do so;
- Leading and managing a client relationship within the demands of a fast-paced client service environment, think creatively and strategically in designing client appropriate performance and learning solutions and design, implement and manage skill and knowledge gap assessments and analysis;
- Establishing and growing client relationships; identifying strategic learning solutions based on skill and knowledge gap assessment, conducting learning assessment based on link to organizational strategy; and,
- Managing and navigating a large and diverse client base across multiple industries.
Demonstrates intimate ability and/or proven record of success supervising teams that manage and implement Learning and Development multiple project plans end-to-end, from inception to completion, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment including in the following areas:
- Managing and coaching a team of learning consultants, reviewing deliverables, assisting them in growing in their role related to both instructional design and client service; including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback and managing relationships with experienced Managers, Directors and Partners;
- Displaying team leadership and management in establishing a team environment of trust, commitment to individual and team accountability, quality and client service;
- Developing overall project frameworks and plans, overseeing project delivery and directing resources; executing timely on assigned programs and projects;
- Identifying and addressing client needs-building, managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets; and, preparing or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; content development, including the integration of innovative instructional design, adult learning theory, and educational technologies such as self-study, virtual classroom and performance support, and construction of high-level design plans, course designs and required redesigns; and,
- Presenting data, learning plans and strategy in a client setting with poise and high degree of professionalism and writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or all levels of internal and external audiences.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success with business development, including:
- Identifying opportunities to provide services to new and existing clients, proposal writing and delivery, collaborating across client engagement teams and business units;
- Leveraging and utilizing the firm's resources and credentials to contribute to selling efforts effectively; and,
- Demonstrating experience utilizing a customer relationship management (CRM) system in a professional services firm to network, develop relationships and sell additional/new services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top