Seasonal Risk Assurance Experienced Associate (Detroit)
- Detroit, MI
A career in our Flexibility Talent Network practice will focus on directly supporting our client engagement teams by attracting qualified candidates for short term or defined period opportunities. This unique career option provides an alternative to year round employment for people who are looking to pursue meaningful experiences or responsibilities outside their time with PwC.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The specialty area of Process Assurance provides services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience :
1 year(s) of IT auditing, consulting and/or implementing experience
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CPA License, CISA or CIA
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates basic knowledge of providing services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with facilitating and completing deliverables involving the following:
- Financial reporting and information technology risks, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging technologies which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies;
- COSO Framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks; and,
- Key domains of information technology general controls, including change management, access to programs and data, computer operations and systems development.
Demonstrates basic skills and abilities related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise a consultant, auditor or business process specialist, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with completing deliverables related to the following:
- Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around security, business process and within IT environments;
- Applying internal control principles and business/technical knowledge including information technology general controls and application controls; financial reporting concepts; working experience applying professional skepticism skills;
- Facilitating aspects of the adaption a work program and practice aid, as well as perform assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization;
- Exhibiting project management skills, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Assisting in the creation of a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members. This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress; and,
- Interacting with clients on solutions and executing projects on client engagements, forming client relationships and demonstrating an understanding of the client's business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top