A career in our Core Risk Enterprise Risk Management practice, within Risk Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations rethink their approach to risk by developing a distinctive strategy and creating capabilities and performance. We play an important part in helping our clients assess, design and develop solutions that not only help them manage risk but also transform risk and complexity into a sustainable advantage.
Our team helps organisations implement and sustain enterprise risk management programmes. As part of the team, you'll help to improve our clients performance and add value by facilitating the proactive governance and management of risk, helping clients identify, assess, and manage known and emerging risks within defined appetite levels and tolerances.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of, and success conducting for clients, enterprise risk management program development including:
- Monitoring and reporting risk, risk assessments and prioritizations;
- Assisting with facilitating the definition of an organization's risk appetite and tolerance in alignment with their organization's strategy;
- Designing sustainable risk management and compliance processes and structures, including governance and oversight, standards and processes, tools and technology, metrics and reporting;
- Assisting clients with achieving a competitive advantage by managing risk and compliance in a streamlined manner and creating greater resilience to risk;
- Understanding and providing solutions based on the common issues facing clients who provide products and services within one or more of the following sectors aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer and retail, energy, industrial products, technology or utilities;
- Participating in proposal development efforts.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of risk and compliance programs, including:
- Considering leading standards (e.g. COSO, ERM), regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations;
- Designing and implementing models for data classification and mapping based on regulatory and business requirements to provide requisite dashboards and reporting.
Demonstrated proven thorough abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.