Risk Assurance Manager - Atlanta - Process Assurance
A career within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You'll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience :
5 year(s) of IT controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing IT controls solutions
Certification(s) Required :
CPA, CIA or CISA
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of providing services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with managing the following:
- Financial reporting and information technology risks, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging technologies which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies;
- Core risks, processes and internal controls related to non-financial reporting, both manual and IT;
- Risks, processes and controls related to financial reporting, both manual and IT, in a specific industry sector;
- COSO Framework, CoBIT, ITIL and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks;
- Relevant subject matter expertise to support the development of thought leadership; and,
- Key internal operational processes of a professional services firm, e.g., engagement economics, billing and collection, performance appraisals, time reporting, personal independence and compliance requirement.
Demonstrates extensive skills and abilities related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise a consultant, auditor or business process specialist, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with managing the following:
- Leading IT related controls assurance or controls readiness projects associated with external audits, internal audits and service organization controls reports, e.g., SSAE 16;
- Identifying key risks and controls, recommend improved controls, perform controls readiness projects and identify and assess configuration of controls in financial reporting related business processes as well as in IT infrastructures, security, change management, operations and program development;
- Managing and coaching staff as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and execute audit procedures;
- Leading the adaption a work program and practice aid to create tailored solutions for our clients;
- Understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately win additional service opportunities;
- Interfacing with clients on projects as well as leading the planning and execution of projects;
- Demonstrates extensive project management skills related to IT audit projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules; and,
- Demonstrates extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top