Regulatory Risk & Consumer Compliance (Financial Services)
- New York, NY
A career within Regulatory Risk and Compliance services, will provide you with the opportunity to help companies rethink their approach to risk and create a sustainable risk advantage. We're a part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients develop proper internal controls by leveraging analytics and technology solutions to underpin efficient execution of governance, to optimise their risk and compliance policies and processes, and improve business performance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven considerable knowledge of, and success with performing on, compliance-related consulting engagements, including the following areas:
- Understanding and applying banking laws and regulations, including consumer compliance requirements - e.g. FCRA, TILA, HMDA, Fair Lending, UDAAP, etc, regulatory requirements, and related industry-leading practices relating to compliance risk management programs and processes;
- Understanding issues involving operational processes related to consumer financial products and services, i.e. credit cards, mortgages, and deposits;
- Assessing, developing and implementing sustainable compliance risk management structures and processes, including sustainable compliance risk management structures and processes-regulatory inventory, risk assessment, monitoring and testing, training, corrective action and reporting and supporting compliance technologies;
- Developing and executing regulatory compliance-related Internal Audits or second-line-of-defense monitoring and testing programs;
- Participating in proposal development efforts, as well as helping to implement industry-leading practices to all clients; and,
- Communicating with clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with advising clients on compliance issues, assessing compliance risks and controls, implementing compliance supervisory and control solutions, which includes the following areas:
- Identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; and,
- Leading teams, including creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top