PwC Labs Technology Development Associate - Summer/Fall 2020
PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
As a part of the PwC Labs team, you will be a part of designing and delivering the next generation of transformative digital solutions that will supercharge the way people work and drive tremendous value for PwC and our clients. You will have the opportunity to use the latest automation tools, apply cutting edge analytics and data science, and explore emerging technologies like artificial intelligence as part of your daily mission to deliver new and innovative solutions to business challenges.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Engineering, Information CyberSecurity, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Software App, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting, Technical Writing, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Analytics, Business Analytics, Physics
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.0
Preferred Major GPA: 3.0
Client service associate positions are entry-level and job seekers are typically in the final academic year of completing their educational requirements or have graduated.
Certification(s) Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in one or more of the tools and technologies listed below:
- Project management approaches (e.g., agile) & tools (e.g., Aha!, Jira, Confluence);
- Programming skills (e.g., Java, Node.js, Python);
- Analytics tools (e.g., Alteryx, R, Jupyter Notebooks);
- Big data tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka);
- Data storage technologies for structured (e.g., SQL Server, Postgres) and unstructured (e.g., MongoDB, Neo4j) data;
- Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Zoomdata, PowerBI);
- Automation tools (e.g. UIPath, Automation Anywhere);
- Data integration tools (e.g., Snaplogic, Informatica, Apache NiFi);
- Testing tool experiences (e.g., Selenium, Cucumber);
- DevOps technologies & tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes);
- Cloud IaaS/PaaS (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure);
- UX / UI design;
- Data modeling; and,
- Relevant technology areas including machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), robotics process automation (RPA) and blockchain.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve project objectives;
- Working in an environment that leverages project management skills, including planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization and activity prioritization;
- Researching, recommending and implementing tools and technology that will reduce product risk, increase project transparency and further drive innovation across technical teams;
- Driving and using creative problem solving skills, emphasizing the ability to deliver workable solutions/designs under tight timeframes;
- Exhibiting a work modality that is open to new ideas and possessing a passion for learning and understanding new and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, etc.;
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member;
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members and proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions.
We seek professionals with an interest in developing and managing digital solutions on a large scale. To be successful in an innovative and strategic practice such as PwC Labs, a combination of technical and professional skills are needed.
Meet Some of PwC's Employees
"My job allows me to build relationships with other PwC employees as well as my clients. I am able to teach and learn from others around me, which makes me a stronger professional and allows me to grow personally as I interact with people of different backgrounds."
Back to top