PwC Digital Products - Security Architect Senior Manager
A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Digital Products team creates high impact software assets that drive business solutions from strategy through build to support and maintenance. We are top tier strategy, creative, and technical talent who work collaboratively to solve clients' biggest challenges and deliver real, measurable value in a way that's cheaper, faster and better.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Additional Educational Requirements :
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving techonology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer Management, Computer Applications, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems
Certification(s) Preferred :
Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and/or proven success with infrastructure administration and management for development and production environments on premise or in the cloud within product development organization or a professional services organization, including extensive knowledge of the following areas:
- Maintenance of large infrastructure on premise and/or in the cloud;
- Experience with automated configuration and deployment;
- Experience with Docker and related containerization and orchestration technologies;
- Experience with both cloud deployment and on premise release workflows;
- Experience with cloud providers and large hardware installations;
- Foundation in the basics around how to operate and secure: web servers, databases, systems and configuration management;
- Experience with networking, load balancing, clustering and firewall/security group security concepts;
- Linux and Windows systems administration and security concepts;
- 5+ years of several distributions of Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat) and Windows;
- 5+ years version control software like GitHub, TFS;
- 3+ years with Jenkins/related CI tools;
- 3+ years with virtualization and Dockers; and,
- 2+ years maintaining and managing cloud infrastructure on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of cloud providers and large hardware installations, modern continuous development and integration tools, have a good understanding of Linux and Windows OS and internals, and be familiar with Development Operations methodologies and practices.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leading and motivating distributed teams;
- Fostering team commitment to tasks and influencing key people inside and outside of the group;
- Demonstrating a flexible communication style based on the audience (i.e., eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
- Collaborating with Solution, Application and Data Architects to understand and enable our rapidly evolving development infrastructure;
- Working with our Product Managers defining infrastructure requirements, SLAs and support requirements for their respective analytic apps/business platforms and associated market facing offerings;
- Managing the support infrastructure requirements across a portfolio of analytic apps/business platforms with a team of offshore members;
- Implementing a monitoring and review process to proactively manage needs and establish uptime, stability and reliable access to apps/platforms;
- Establishing all issues are resolved in a timely manner, while maintaining excellent customer satisfaction;
- Coordinating the escalation of major technical service issues to the appropriate teams within PwC IT/Cloud Provider/3rd party as needed for support;
- Communicating planned infrastructure activities proactively to the stakeholders;
- Performing necessary security monitoring, log analysis, and collecting performance metrics for continuous monitoring and improvement; and,
- Leading continual efforts to automate processes and procedures around apps/ platform infrastructure and provide reliable performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top