Private Equity Value Creation: Senior Manager
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- San Francisco, CA
- Philadelphia, PA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- San Jose, CA
- Florham Park, NJ
A career within Corporate and Business Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their toughest problems and seize essential advantages by defining and evaluating strategies of all types. We analyse business and market trends to explore new approaches that help our clients make tough choices and surpass the competition. At both the business unit and corporate level, we help organisations with organic enterprise growth, pricing and profitability, shareholder value, and sustainable corporate strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Strategy&'s Private Equity Value Creation (PEVC) team that exclusively services top Private Equity Clients and their portfolio companies in Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) context. In these roles you will help clients in a variety of different ways. The team currently delivers operational assessments and value creation planning services across select industry verticals including TMT (Telecom, Media & Technology), Industrials, Healthcare and Retail & Consumer.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in roles involving, business operations due diligence, corporate strategy / development, functional / operating role in a corporation, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations;
- Familiarity with private equity investing and evaluating early and mid-stage investment opportunities;
- Leading teams / junior team members to assist clients with business operations due diligence, strategic / operational planning and business reviews; developing full potential plans, operational restructuring and related value creation activities;
- Maximizing shareholder value by focusing on reducing cost & risk while improving value & supplier performance;
- Delivering significant business results that reflects strategic and creative thinking, sharp analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to frame complex problems and apply creative analytics to formulate a pragmatic solution;
- Participating actively in client or Target company management discussions to gather data and understand issues;
- Managing and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex operational data leveraging strategic analysis techniques and develop client deliverables;
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights;
- Developing high-level roadmaps of structural operational performance improvement initiatives;
- Defining and tracking key Financial and Operational measures (KPIs) that indicate progress against value creation plan;
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Leading teams that foster a productive teamwork environment, as well as coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Facilitating working sessions of medium to large sized groups; and,
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences;
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, ability to work in a fast paced environment ('deal speed') without sacrificing quality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top