Mid Atlantic Tax Resource Management/Deployment Manager
A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources. As a team, we maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of PwC to our clients through line of service and cross line of service staffing, forecasting, utilisation, and workload balance while considering development and diversity initiatives.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Understanding of firm and business priorities to collaborate within the Deployment Consultant network, maximizing resource sharing and enabling the delivery of the firm to our clients through LoS and xLoS staffing;
- Promoting the understanding of firm economics and achieve retention, utilization, workload balance, diversity initiatives, and broad-base experience targets;
- Possessing experience with Talent management, performance management and Human Capital policy interpretation;
- Understanding and implementing Diversity strategy through all staffing and deployment decisions;
- Maximizing resource sharing and enabling the delivery of the firm to our clients through line of service and cross-line of service staffing;
- Leveraging the knowledge of immigration and global deployment to navigate partners and engagement teams through these protocols to enable the staffing process, including cost impact of assignment;
- Understanding Human Capital metrics, sourcing, employee relations, strategies, goals and critical achievement targets;
- Coaching staff including providing timely written and verbal feedback;
- Managing budget, workforce planning, utilization, and forecasting;
- Formulating succession plan development and implementation with Talent Consultant to determine support needed if appropriate in preparation for Career Roundtable (CRT) in balance with deployment responsibilities;
- Utilizing alternative talent pools including global workforces and third-party labor;
- Establishing and leveraging relationships with Talent Consultants to positively impact our people experience;
- Executing of workforce planning, forecasting, utilization, and workload balance for the assigned team;
- Implementing the firm's deployment strategy and leverages tools and industry leading practices developed by the Deployment CoE, and other Centers of Excellence (CoE's) as applicable;
- Leveraging Talent/Deployment Senior Associates to deliver services to the team;
- Collaborating with partners/leaders to identify issues and to develop and execute action plans across all areas of our people strategy including diversity, individual and team development, performance management, rewards and recognition, and workforce planning to address short and long term needs/skill gaps;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to partners/leaders focused on accelerating the development of our people;
- Leading partners/leaders in identification and management of high-potential talent and succession planning, retention efforts, connectivity and diversity initiatives proactively;
- Leveraging tools from Onboarding teams, supports assimilation of new hires and interns to the team/practice, reviewing initial client assignments and chargeability and diversity initiatives;
- Leveraging understanding of the practice to positively influence deployment decisions with goal of balancing workload, optimizing utilization, promoting flexibility, diversity initiatives, and providing broad-based experiences and developmental opportunities while balancing firm and client needs;
- Liaising with Global Mobility teams on short and long term talent deployment, package review and transition, and repatriation;
- Collaborating with L&D to identify staff for instructor roles and validating that individuals are well-positioned for the opportunity;
- Teaming and collaborating to build and maintain relationships, and identify trends and take action;
- Managing engagement staffing and driving cross-line of service resource sharing;
- Making staffing decisions while considering individual development needs, career interests, and broad-based experiences;
- Being able to independently make decisions and solve problems affecting assigned team;
- Leveraging TalentLink as the single source of deployment and forecasting information; and,
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging human capital technology trends and experience innovating with new human capital technology tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top