Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Tax Senior Associate - Midwest
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Additional Educational Requirements : A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study may also be considered. Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required : CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills : Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top