A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Math, Finance, Physics,
Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Qualifications :
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs.
- Demonstrates a proven record of success developing, validating or auditing models within the Financial Services sector, including; the banking industry, consulting, or government regulatory positions, in the following areas: securities and derivatives valuation and risk management, including retail and/or wholesale, market and credit risk models, mortgage prepayment models, and/or complex discounted cash flow models;
- Specializes in econometric and analytical modeling, statistical and machine learning techniques for analyzing large sets of financial data, including: sampling, hypothesis testing, optimization; time series, regression, decision tree, and cluster analyses;
- Displays techniques for visualizing complex financial data analyses;
- Utilizes working knowledge of the regulatory guidance on model risk management, including model documentation and model validation report writing;
- Demonstrates abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: model development, testing, documentation, and validation tasks for pricing/valuation, risk, or capital models;
- Specializes in advanced statistical and/or econometric modeling utilizing SAS or R software, Excel/VBA, SQL, Python and other programming languages and applications;
- Displays ability to identify and address client needs, which includes: building relationships with clients, developing an awareness of Firm services, approaching client in an organized manner, and delivering clear requests for information;
- Provides problem solving skills, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment;
- Displays ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Demonstrates ability to contributes to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Demonstrates ability to identify, escalate and communicate potential issues and conflicts;
- Utilizes flexibility in handling multiple tasks by prioritizing and focusing on successful execution;
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniormanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.