Japanese Business Network (JBN) Audit - Experienced Associate
- Columbus, OH
- Detroit, MI
- Indianapolis, IN
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY
- Cleveland, OH
- Minneapolis, MN
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Cincinnati, OH
- San Jose, CA
- Irvine, CA
- Florham Park, NJ
A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You'll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You'll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Assurance provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients' needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Before starting with PwC full time, must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for the appropriate practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Business level fluency in the Japanese language (spoken and written).
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CPA license. International hires or hires from a PwC affiliate firm to have obtained the equivalent accounting credential in selected individual's home country.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some proven knowledge and exposure to the common business and accounting issues facing non-publicly traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution and services industry. These issues include but are not limited to:
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Joint ventures and (re)financing; and,
- Technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as a team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Inviting and providing evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner;
- Taking ownership of my personal development;
- Delivering on multiple commitments, even when under pressure consistently; and,
- Sharing and collaborating effectively with others, creating a positive team spirit.
- Seeking opportunities to learn about other parts of the business across the Network;
- Engaging productively with virtual team members; and,
- Sharing knowledge and insight widely.
- Communicating confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form;
- Listening and confirming my understanding by asking appropriate questions actively;
- Adapting my communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience; and,
- Keeping others well informed about progress and outcomes.
- Learning about the wider economy alongside the business models/corporate Page 6 of 16 Job Description Data governance and/or regulatory framework of my clients;
- Working with existing processes/systems, while making constructive suggestions for improvements;
- Taking action to stay up to date with the evolution of technology; and,
- Being able to explain the impact my contribution has on the firm's profitability (i.e., through engagement economics).
- Producing high quality work, which adheres to the relevant professional standards;
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments in my area;
- Taking action to develop my digital literacy; and,
- Using the firm's knowledge and research tools to support the sharing of information.
Exposure to automation & digitization in a professional services environment including:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
So what does a typical day look like? http://PwC.to/erin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top