Internal Audit Manager - Baltimore / DC
- Baltimore, MD
A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation's objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CIA, CPA or CISA. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Senior Manager.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success leading and directing risk management procedures, public accounting practices and procedures, and Internal Audit technology tools for planning, design, performance of testing, and reporting, emphasizing the following areas:
- Managing efforts related to, current hot topics for Chief Audit Executives, Internal Audit directors, Chief Compliance officers, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel;
- Managing aspects of the Internal Audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, other Financial/Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO); and,
- Directing company or firm-wide functions within, the following areas as it applies to the planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements: Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act regulations and requirements, including compliance readiness programs; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); financial and operational fraud risk management; antifraud internal controls; IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security; anti-corruption and anti-bribery; and auditor Independence.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in leading and directing risk management procedures, public accounting practices and procedures, and Internal Audit technology tools for planning, design, performance of testing, and reporting, emphasizing the following areas:
- Leading teams to generate a strategic vision, establishing direction, motivating team members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging candid, meaningful/timely feedback to promote improvement;
- Using available technical resources/tools to research and expand knowledge to enhance work product and create innovation;
- Contributing to business development efforts and remaining current on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable;
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building and maintaining networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating effectively the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional;
- Facilitating staff as they evaluate internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls, developing and/or reviewing audit programs, including evaluating benchmarks and performing controls optimization; and,
- Managing resource requirements, project economics, and anticipating issues.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts to leadership;
- Directing the creation of high-quality client deliverables;
- Being involved in firm-wide strategies and initiatives; and,
- Demonstrating a proven record of management or individual contributor roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor, business process, or internal controls specialist.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top