Innovation - Full Stack Development Manager
- Dallas, TX
A career in our Innovation Development practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients create a guided path to innovation by developing the right methods that generate insight based ideas, and to select, produce and commercialise the most valuable and viable results. You'll focus on software driven innovation strategy, software technology diligence, operating model design, software product planning and management, and software architecture and cloud strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) with at least 4 years of .NET development experience and at least 3 years of SQL experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to create software solutions using technologies such as; ASP, .NET, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, Java, C#, JQuery, and Entity Framework;
- Understanding of Object Orientated Programming and principles and the agile programming methodology;
- Utilizing Microsoft Application Life Cycle Management using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015-2017; and,
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success assisting on client engagements or enterprise-wide projects and working in a fast paced, agile environment, including the following areas:
- Utilizing .NET MVC and Entity Framework Development and Design, Microsoft SQL Development Design and reviewing of the enterprise scale applications;
- Utilizing Microsoft TFS experience working in highly structured branched environment merging code from one branch to another;
- Working in an Agile process, planning work daily, resolving development blockers, and escalating issues appropriately;
- Helping teams scope development work items and managing time and quality targets within a sprint;
- Running scrum meetings, retrospective meetings, prioritizing and assigning work items and
monitoring the progress;
- Reviewing designs and code deliverables to establish adherence to development standards and providing feedback/coaching to developers on areas for improvement;
- Working with vendor frameworks such as DevExpress or Kendo; and,
- Providing leadership across a team comprised of staff and vendor resources.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top