IFS Start Intern - Summer 2021
At certain point of your studies you are making decisions about your future career considering all kinds of information, listening to friends and close people, but there is nothing like your own experience. An internship at PwC not only offers an opportunity to build your skills and confidence, but also to work on projects that give you insight into who we are and what we do whether for our clients, the economy, or the wider community. Working alongside specialists in your chosen business area, you'll be a valued member of the team, with graduate level responsibility. You'll be assigned to projects to develop your understanding of what we really do and you'll build networks with your colleagues and peer groups. Whichever business area you choose, we're sure you'll find this a worthwhile investment of your time. Be it the people; the networks; or the social events, you'll be surprised at the skills you'll develop and how much you'll learn. Opportunity is at the heart of a career at PwC and our Internship offers just that.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
PwC's Start interns support internal firm functions, meaning our "clients" are internal PwC professionals. Start Interns are expected to:
- Support select projects; demonstrate creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member; build solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility with task completion and prioritization, communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Additional Educational Requirements :
To be eligible for the Start Internship, students must self-identify as a member of either traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services industry (Black or African-American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races), a Protected Veteran, and/or an individual with a disability.
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Accounting & Technology, Accounting & Finance, Actuarial Science, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Finance, Finance & Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management of Technology
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
To be eligible for the Start Internship, students must be in their sophomore or junior year of college, pursuing a Bachelor Degree.
Certification(s) Preferred :
For those students interested in pursuing an Assurance or Tax opportunity in the future, a commitment to satisfy all of the minimum requirements for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates a proven desire to pursue a career in professional services, as well as some proven abilities and record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging creative problem-solving skills and prioritizing and handling multiple tasks;
- Interacting and communicating with various levels of business professionals, with an attention toward business-related communications and grammar in both written and oral formats;
- Exhibiting abilities to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
Back to top