IFS New Ventures Product Engineering Intern - Summer 2020
A career in our Product Engineering practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the design and development of our technology products and solutions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Interns will collaborate cross functionally to support the successful delivery of software products through planning, coordinating and leading activities across the product lifecycle phases.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Computer Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.5
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Intern positions are entry level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year or a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year or a 5 year program. Interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding of the software development life cycle framework;
- Knowledge of programming languages;
- Assisting with gathering and analyzing product requirements and implementing product design approaches; and,
- Working collaboratively on teams with a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top