HIA Pharma/Life Sciences R&D Sr. Associate
- Boston, MA
- San Francisco, CA
- Philadelphia, PA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Florham Park, NJ
A career in our Innovation and Development practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You'll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. Our team helps organisations define paths to more profitable growth, from core product development to radical business innovation. As part of the team, you'll help our clients develop new innovative businesses, products and services as well as build lasting internal capabilities, ranging from Innovation Incubators to global research and development centres to product lifecycle systems, that enable sustained, consistent results.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Global LoS :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Health/Engineering, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Medicine/Health
Additional Educational Requirements :
Other Life Sciences-related fields of study may be considered
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven success in roles and thorough knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following: - Academic scientific research, - Direct work within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies), - Contract service organizations to the industry (e.g. CRO), - Regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g. FDA), - Non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement, - Government agencies supporting life sciences scientific advancement (e.g. NSF, CDC), - Analyst / research / benchmarking companies covering the industry (e.g. CMR/KMR), - Consulting companies delivering to the industry, organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA)Demonstrates proven success in roles and thorough abilities in one or more of the following areas: R and D Strategy: - R&D Strategic Planning, - R&D Strategic Decision Making, - R&D Finance Strategy, - R&D Performance Management, - R&D M&A / Deals / Transactions, - R&D Planning, Management, and Operations: R&D Operations Strategy, - R&D Operations Planning, - R&D Operations Management, - R&D Operations Transformation, - R&D Innovation, Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management;
- R&D Finance Operations, - R&D Procurement, - R&D Sourcing R&D Organization / People: R&D Organizational Design, - R&D Talent Management, - R&D Workforce Planning, - R&D Talent Performance Managment, - R&D Training and Change Management R&D Process: Process Mapping, Process Design, Process Optimization and Redesign,- R&D Analytics: Enterprise R&D Information Management, - Enterprise R&D Reporting, - Enterprise R &D Analytics, - Enterprise R&D Information Visualization, - R&D Technology: R&D Technology Requirements Gathering, - R&D Technology Design, - R&D Technology User Acceptance Testing, - R&D Technology Implementation,- R&D Risk / Compliance: R&D Internal Audit, R&D Risk Assessment, R&D Risk Management and Control. Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success identifying and addressing clients or managers needs, including the following: actively participating in client or management discussions and meetings; managing engagements or projects including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven success as a team leader and thorough abilities to lead teams, which include the following areas: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client or management expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top