HIA Pharma & Life Sciences R&D Manager
- New York, NY
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following:
- Academic scientific research;
- Direct work within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies);
- Contract service organizations to the industry (e.g. CRO);
- Regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g. FDA);
- Non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement;
- Government agencies supporting life sciences scientific advancement (e.g. NSF, CDC);
- Analyst / research / benchmarking companies covering the industry (e.g. CMR/KMR);
- Consulting companies delivering to the industry; and,
- Organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA).
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities in one or more of the following areas:
- R&D Strategy: R&D Strategic Planning;
- R&D Strategic Decision Making;
- R&D Finance Strategy;
- R&D Performance Management;
- R&D M&A / Deals / Transactions R&D Planning;
- Management, and Operations: R&D Operations Strategy;
- R&D Operations Planning;
- R&D Operations Management;
- R&D Operations Transformation;
- R&D Innovation, Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management;
- R&D Finance Operations;
- R&D Procurement;
- R &D Sourcing R&D Organization / People: R&D Organizational Design;
- R&D Talent Management;
- R&D Workforce Planning;
- R&D Talent Performance Managment;
- R&D Training and Change Management R&D Process: Process Mapping, Process Design, Process Optimization and Redesign;
- R&D Analytics: Enterprise R&D Information Management;
- Enterprise R&D Reporting;
- Enterprise R&D Analytics;
- Enterprise R&D Information;
- Visualization R&D Technology: R&D Technology Requirements Gathering;
- R&D Technology Design;
- R&D Technology User Acceptance Testing;
- R&D Technology Implementation;
- R&D Risk / Compliance: R&D Internal Audit;
- R&D Risk Assessment; and,
- R&D Risk Management and Control.
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities to lead client-facing consulting teams, including the following areas:
- Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams and developing client proposals;
- Managing multiple, complex projects with medium to large staff teams;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Additional application instructions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top