HIA Pharma & Life Sciences - Operations Supply Chain Sr. Associate
- Boston, MA
A career in our Supply Chain Management practice, within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability. You'll be a part of a team that helps organisations in transforming their supply chains into a strategic asset. You'll work with our clients to develop a supply chain strategy, optimise their supply chain footprint and logistics, manage transportation and distribution, and develop an integrated business planning solutions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Health Administration, Industrial Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Additional Educational Preferences :
Master of Public Health or Master of Health Adminstration will also be considered
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, in identifying and addressing client needs involving supply chain and /or manufacturing-related operations within the Healthcare Industry, including the following areas:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services; and,
- Managing workstreams within client engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in roles driving the supply chain process in three or more of the following subject areas, as well as a specialty in pharmacy supply chain, preoperative supply chain, and/or pharmaceutical and biologics supply chain and operations:
- Manufacturing / Packaging Operations,
- Supply Chain Planning,
- Cost Accounting,
- Warehousing and logistics,
- Distribution and logistics,
- Process review, redesign and implementation,
- Productivity and efficiency,
- Clinical resource management and/or value analysis,
- Distribution or distributor assessment, recommendation and optimization,
- In-sourcing and/or outsourcing assessment,
- Purchase services review and assessment,
- Contracting non-labor cost reduction,
- Inventory and par management,
- Account payable invoice discrepancy management,
- Supply chain IT,
- Technology assessment and optimization,
- GPO assessment, selection and optimization,
- Capital asset management, and,
- Analysis and communication.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader, involving the following areas:
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Developing and sustaining client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to help to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Preparing and presenting written and verbal materials including RFPs; and,
- Assisting with defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, and collection.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top