A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Medical Economics, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Nursing, Health Administration
Additional Educational Preferences:
Master of Health Care Admin/Master of Public Health
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member supporting efforts in working in large teams through the design and implementation of changes to Middle Office Operations, including people, process and technology and the following:
- Having prior consulting or project-based experience;
- Identifying, addressing and managing client needs;
- Managing project workflows, budgets, billing and collections;
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Creating an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Answering questions and providing direction to less experienced staff;
- Working experience in Payer Middle Office operations (domain areas such as Medical Management, Population Health Management, Utilization Management, Provider Network Management, Value-Based Contracting, Provider Relations, Quality Improvement, Program/Payment Integrity, Risk Adjustment and Pharmacy Benefit Management) to help payers manage their medical costs;
- Working experience in Actuarial, Medical Economics, Claims groupings (e.g., ETG), and Population Health Analytics or working in collaboration with related functions;
- Working experience with Population Health Management technologies (e.g., high-risk user stratification tools, cost/quality/utilization trend analysis, provider performance tools);
- Working experience with Provider Network contracting domains including: value-based / risk contracting; specialty and behavioral health contracting; provider performance incentive management; alternative model contracting strategies, such as with community-based organizations and social needs providers; and,
- Understanding of global trends for health organizations utilizing pragmatic approaches to achieve sustainable financial functions and operating models.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate. 330680 330680WD