Health Industries Strategy& - Pharma & LS Operations Strategy Manager
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Additional Educational Preferences :
Degrees in Science or Engineering may be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
APICS CSCP, APICS CPIM, ISM CPSM, ISM CSM, or ISC CPSD
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Candidates should have demonstrated extensive knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and/or Life Sciences industry
Candidates should have demonstrated extensive knowledge of, and success in managerial roles involving, operations management, including operationalizing business strategies and transforming the value chain functions from innovation, to product development, to commercialization, and to lifecycle management.
Demonstrated success in roles utilizing Lean Operations, Six Sigma, and IT enablement of key business processes is preferred.
Proven extensive success in prior roles involving medical devices, diagnostics, or other medical technologies.
Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities with operations management, including the following areas:
- Managing teams through the design and implementation of people, process and technology changes, including building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive teamwork environment, leveraging diverse views to encourage innovation, and helping develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement, providing timely and meaningful feedback
- Exhibiting capability in thought leadership, development of intellectual property (IP), and marketing and promotion of IP
- Supporting incremental business development opportunities, and where possible, identifying new business opportunities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and close
- Leveraging industry contacts to make introductions and connect the firm to potential clients (short term or long term)
- Maintaining an active rolodex and pipeline of executives and working to maintain, expand, and mature those over time
- Managing and delivering business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative and the following abilities
- Identifying and addressing client needs: build, maintain, and utilize networks of client relationships; manage resource requirements, project workflow and budgets
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences
- Conducting and directing quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of PwC's Employees
"My job allows me to build relationships with other PwC employees as well as my clients. I am able to teach and learn from others around me, which makes me a stronger professional and allows me to grow personally as I interact with people of different backgrounds."
Back to top