Health Industries Strategy& - Pharma & LS Operations Strategy Director
- New York, NY
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Additional Educational Preferences :
Degrees in Science or Engineering may be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
APICS CSCP, APICS CPIM, ISM CPSM, ISM CSM, or ISC CPSD
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Candidates should have demonstrated expertise of, and success in leadership roles involving, operations management, including operationalizing business strategies and transforming the value chain functions from innovation, to product development, to commercialization, and to lifecycle management.
Demonstrated success in roles utilizing Lean Operations, Six Sigma, and IT enablement of key business processes is preferred.
Proven extensive success in prior roles involving medical devices, diagnostics, or other medical technologies.
Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities with operations management, including the following areas:
- Leading large or multiple teams through the design and implementation of people, process and technology changes, including building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive teamwork environment, leading teams to generate a vision, leveraging diverse views, and helping develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement;
- Exhibiting capability in thought leadership, development of intellectual property (IP), and marketing and promotion of IP;
- Identifying, maturing, and closing new and incremental consulting business, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and close;
- Leveraging industry contacts to make introductions and connect the firm to potential clients (short term or long term);
- Maintaining an active network and pipeline of executives, working to maintain, expand, and mature those over time;
- Managing and delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative and the following abilities:
- Developing a business vision and leading complex projects while functioning at the highest levels of client organizations;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: build, maintain, and utilize networks of client relationships; manage resource requirements, project workflow and budgets;
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences; and,
- Conducting and directing quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top