Halo For Funds - Senior Software Engineer (Telecommute)
- Boston, MA
A career in our Audit360 practice, within Financial Services Solutions, will provide you the opportunity to use sophisticated models to value complex financial instruments and design strategies that reduce risk and maximise business opportunities for our clients. We help on a wide variety of financial and valuation issues, as well as develop and test financial models, model risk scenarios, validate expertise across various financial areas, and deliver comprehensive analytics addressing client finance issues. Our team plays an integral part in the strategic vision of our assurance practice by providing audit engagement teams support on an as needed basis for a variety of audit activities. As a part of the team, you'll assist on ad hoc projects working side by side with the engagement teams to increase our audit quality and efficiency.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Development Team defines the technical guidelines and architecture to be followed by all software developers. The team is geographically dispersed across the globe and we not only contribute in the development of the solution, but also ensure that we have proper oversight and review of the work done by all developers. The team expects that each member will have individual contributions in the development process and also contribute in planning, design and delivery.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science, Information Technology, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience :
2 year(s) of success in roles implementing enterprise software solutions utilizing the Microsoft technology stack.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or success in roles, building software solutions designed for audit practitioners to enhance overall quality and engagement efficiencies within a global professional services consulting partnership.
Demonstrates prior success in roles in either Finance or Professional Services firms, as well as thorough knowledge of accounting and finance concepts, which includes the following areas:
- Supporting software applications for either Finance or Professional Services firms, as well as some proven knowledge of accounting and finance concepts;
- Gathering and synthesizing complex business requirements and designs and/or enhancing existing software;
- Communicating clearly when writing, speaking and/or presenting to product owners and other project stakeholders;
- Collaborating and working effectively with a geographically dispersed team;
- Being responsive to client demands, project deadlines, and defect discovery and resolution;
- Utilizing effective time management, especially prioritizing tasks in collaboration with team members; and/or,
- Performing within all aspects of the software development lifecycle, preferably utilizing Agile development.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with building software solutions designed for audit practitioners within a global professional services consulting partnership, which includes the following areas:
- Creating and executing hands-on design and technical writing, including designing business process flows, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams (OOD, OOP, AOP), 3rd party control suites, report writing, mobile applications, and other related tools, methods, or solutions;
- Performing complex problem-solving through troubleshooting and debugging complex business orchestrations;
- Designing N-tier solutions with practical knowledge of SOA and SaaS/Cloud architecture concepts and design principles; and,
- Evaluating system performance and detailed understanding of threading patterns.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top