A career within Functional and Industry Technologies services will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. Our team helps clients transform their business through enabling technologies across marketing, finance and operations in the functional areas such as Maximo and PowerPlant.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Information Technology
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success in roles leading work streams involving, client engagements pertaining to the alignment of strategic IT solutions with business objectives, which includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Demonstrating experience working in the Utility industry;
- Utilizing AMI 1.0/2.0 implementation experience;
- Leveraging Meter Data Management 'MDM" experience and the implementation of MDM systems; and,
- Demonstrating experience working with vendors including Itron and Landis+Gyr.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with take ownership and deliver on small to medium sized tasks with short turnaround time and minimal guidance, including the following areas:
- Assisting project leadership in the coordination of activities across teams to achieve goals;
- Coordinating the gathering of business requirements, leveraging thorough know-how of architectural design components and being able to read and interpret a design document;
- Communicating complex concepts cohesively and quickly to clients, business partners and teammates;
- Building client relationships, being able to multitask (including client and internal work) while maintaining a consistent track record of producing work that is highly accurate, detail-oriented, and reflects well on the business;
- Utilizing appropriate methods to resolve complex design issues- making decisions with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives, and prove a case for the recommended courses of action to provides the greatest benefit to the client and/or the business;
- Leveraging creative thinking skills, especially with helping to develop and proposed strategies that lead to clients' and/or business' processes and team improvements;
- Leveraging problem-solving skills, emphasizing the diagnosing of root causes and developing implementable, workable solutions;
- Leveraging interpersonal skills, especially within a fast paced environment, and participating as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the business situation and needs;
- Using problem-solving skills, applying industry-standard lifecycle management theories and processes while on client engagements;
- Coordinating and collaborating with off-shore IT delivery teams and resources to meet the demands of operational functions and client needs; and,
- Exhibiting willingness to travel on business assignments, as necessary.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager