Government Contracts Consulting - Senior Associate
A career in our Government Contracts practice, within Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations build resilience and embed regulatory compliance into their operating models by improving processes, technology, and data. We develop strategies that help business leaders and their board use regulation as a strategy enhancement, support ongoing regulatory efficiency, and provide confidence in their regulatory response. As part of our team, you'll help our clients manage government expectations and compliance requirements related to government contracting. Our focus is on improving our clients internal controls and navigating shifting regulatory mandates to formulate risk management strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management
Certification(s) Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Considerable knowledge and understanding of accounting, auditing or financial analysis.
Considerable knowledge of some combination of financial analysis, forensic investigations and financial modeling is required.
Experience in government contract consulting preferred.
Considerable industry knowledge of government contracting, with concentrated experience in government accounting.
Considerable knowledge and experience applying the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Cost Principles and Cost Accounting Standards to government contracts.
Considerable Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) experience is acceptable if no prior industry experience.
Program management experience with aerospace and defense contracts is a plus.
Working experience researching pertinent client, industry and technical matters.
Demonstrated client service orientation combined with creative problem solving skills required.
Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing client needs:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrated experience as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top